Getting the most out of your batteries
As hearing aids become more advanced and allow the user to perform more processes, such as streaming TV shows through the hearing aids or receiving phone calls, the demand on battery life increases.
Here are a few tips to maximize the life of your hearing aid batteries.
1. Store your batteries in a cool, dry place out of reach of children.
2. After you peel the tab off the back of the battery, let the battery ‘air’ for a couple of minutes. This will allow the battery to activate fully, thus increasing the longevity of the battery.
3. Open the battery door on the hearing aid when not using them or storing them overnight.
4. Wash your hands before touching the battery as grease or dirt may reduce the effectiveness of the battery.
5. Store the hearing aid in a ‘Dry Aid Kit’ with the battery door open. This will allow any moisture to be absorbed from around the battery.
6. Check the expiration date of the battery pack before purchasing. Try to use the older batteries first.
Selective Hearing sell batteries for $5 (6 cells) a packet or $45 for a box of 10 (60 cells). Call us on 3892 2679 to make your order or simply pop in and collect.